“Cultural effects of migration” was the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 Project – Youth Exchange aiming to raise awareness on migration issues and create space for open dialogue, inter-cultural understanding, mutual respect and acceptance of diversity between young people in our countries.
We aimed to empower European youth, by enabling them to raise their cultural awarenesses through a mix of methods of Non-formal learning and using different tools for learning and sharing information.
This Youth Exchange provided space and time to our participants to share their life stories and experiences to enhance their mutual understanding, better inter cultural communications, networking, and friendship.
Project objectives were:
- To learn about problems resulting from mass emigration;
- To identify best practice in integration and inclusion of migrants, particularly with reference to East-West migrants;
- To share examples of successful integration projects for young migrants implemented in EU countries;
- To address negative portrayal of migrants and migration in media and public opinion;
- To develop future projects for young migrants using Erasmus+ Programme opportunities.